Lately, I have noticed a newness of mind...an appreciation of my surroundings in a different light.Seems I notice colours more and I create collages just by sight.... from viewing one or two items. I feel my mind is expanding with being exposed to Artist trading cards and altered mailable craft work. I enjoy the finished beauties. I enjoy planning my next projects..be it a journal, an ATC, or scrapbooking with less nervousness of messing something up. I dive in the project with a feeling of welcomed challenge. I seem to ...pick up.... when to stop embellishing ( Lots of Laughter).
I have developed my own style...it's that added touch with the fiber borders...I love the finished look of fibers or ribbons as a border for some reason...it's flouncey, free and elegant looking..
I attribute my learning new techniques to my Craft buddies..Dawn Gold, LorraineWatson-her lovely Tin Creation she sent me.....and influences from Carol Stockers art form- which is always a JOY to see. Also, I have been taking extra special time learning new techniques thru crafting Magazine Stamptington -Somerset Studio(Dawn Gold is sharing with me), Artful Blogging...and crafting websites...like Art Chix Studio-ArtCHix Studio Group, QVC Dawn Bibby, the Artist Group, Paper Whimsy, Alpha Stamps, Stampington, Calico Crafts, Altered Pages, Character Connections just to name a few. It's my Happy World!
I am thrilled when I learn about something new..well new to me anyway, like Iron-on thread from Kreinik...and learning new embroidery or ribbon stitching techniques. I have even been practicing drawing faces for my new cloth doll making challenge. Then my eyes fell upon Dawn Golds lovely Fairy Slippers! Now there is something else for me to try...
It's time to stop logging in my blog journal for now....thanks for looking in!
April7,2008-Update on progress with techniques from the giftee Book from Dawn-
I have been busy reading paper -after- page in the book..Paper Transformed...It is such an excellent read. I am in the process of making an Altered accordian book for my Son..Jason... in America.
Geez..I miss both my Son Jason and my Daughter..Laila...so it's wonderful when I take time to make something special for them. Once Jason's accordian book is complete then I will be on another Craft Misson making something special for Laila.
I was stuck on what type of front closure to use..then I ran across making a Hardware Closure from Diecuts in the books...My first attempt..was just that.... ATTEMPT (lol).
By the second time I was delighted with the results. Just a soon as the book is complete
I will share it with you.... Cheers!
March 13, 2008
Well....here is another creative moment...I blended and dotted with ink daubers..the colours of gold, deep brown, and a lil white to a plainbrown tag. I added a clock at the top and an arrow at the bottom with 7 gypsies run-ons...placed a train cut-out on the tag in the lower right...then on the back side..I daubered the same brown, gold and lil bit of white inks. I added an affirmation... then back -ground ink daubered in yellow, brown and gold. The edges on both side are daubered in yellow gold hue.


Here are photos of my lovely gift TIN from Lorraine Watson...I tried to get a photo of the inside..it comes out rather dark and unable to see the delicately placed work inside...I am showing you the tag..all of it together is GORGEOUS ARTWORK!


No comments:
Post a Comment